West Coast Animal Veterinary Emergency Specialty Hospital (WAVES) is a brand new independent emergency and multi-specialty hospital in Victoria BC opening in April 2019. We are currently recruiting experienced receptionists. WAVES is located in the heart of the West Shore, approximately 20 minutes from downtown Victoria. If you love the outdoors, and are looking for year-round recreation opportunities with a flexible schedule, then this is the place for you! Our mission at WAVES is to provide exceptional specialty veterinary care. We strive to provide pet owners and primary veterinarians access to cutting-edge medicine with dedicated doctors and support staff in a warm, family environment.
We are seeking individuals who are interested in helping create a locally owned and run veterinary hospital that will provide both exceptional care and a fun, warm family work environment that serves our community.
– Owned by hands-on veterinarians
– Flexible schedules
– Medical insurance benefits for full-time employees
– Fun events
– Competitive salary and benefits
– Cutting-edge medical equipment and technology
– State-of-the-art facilities
– Continuing education opportunities
– In-hospital communication and leadership training
WAVES Veterinary Hospital is looking for organized, outgoing, and caring Receptionists as our Client Care Representatives to join our team. Receptionists are the face of WAVES and are often responsible for the first and last interactions with our clients.
• Prepare paperwork for patient arrival, care for the client/patient during check-in process, maintain patient records, and guide the client through the discharge/check out process including handling financial transactions.
• Responsible for maintaining our lobby space and exam rooms to serve our clients.
• All interested applicants should show a commitment to quality in all of what they do, conduct themselves with the utmost integrity, have compassion for animals and humans alike, and be able to provide the best service possible for our clients and patients.
• These attributes ensure the candidate will be an efficient, effective, professional, and positive team member.
• Care for every patient as if they are your own pet and each client as if they are your family member.
• Preference given to having experience in a customer service role.
• Experience in a medical setting preferred, veterinary is ideal.
• Must be able to multi-task and think fast.
• Must exhibit a high level of customer service in stressful situations.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently in a clear and audible voice, French or additional language would be an asset.
• Must be comfortable working with business-related computer software as well as Microsoft Office Programs (Word and Excel).
• Schedule Flexibility is needed due to the 24 hours, 365 day operation of the hospital.
• May need to stand and walk around the hospital for an extended period of time to facilitate client care.
• Must be able to sit for an extended period of time.
• Must be able to lift objects up to 10-15lbs, such as office materials, patient files, and small animals.
• Excellent hearing and listening skills required.
An ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, an energetic attitude, empathy, and enthusiasm for helping both clients and patients. They will be committed to providing the most compassionate care to our clients. Additionally, they will excel at collaborating with their co-workers, our referring veterinarians, and our clients.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, including a paragraph about why you like veterinary medicine to: firstname.lastname@example.org