REHAB department is now open!!! Please contact our rehab team for more information about our availability and to make an appointment at email@example.com or through our referral form on the main page.
Physical rehabilitation therapy in veterinary medicine is similar to physiotherapy in the human world. It is an important part of the recovery process following surgery, illness, or injury. It is the diagnosis and management of patients with conditions limiting their function, painful conditions or, those with injury or illness related to the neurologic and musculoskeletal systems. The goal of rehabilitation is to design a program around each individual patient and achieve a higher level of function while improving the quality of life for your pet.
Our CCRP Rehab-certified Veterinarian and experienced technicians will work closely with your pet's primary care and specialty veterinarians including our Board Certified Surgeon to find an effective way to improve your pets surgical recovery as well as with the non-surgical patient to improve their quality of life and mobility. They often will prescribe a treatment program including multiple therapies that are specifically designed to meet your individual pet's needs. This approach provides greater opportunity for a successful outcome.
Benefits of a Physical Rehabilitation program:
• Improve surgical success and recovery
• Weight loss
• Improve muscle mass and prevent muscle atrophy
• Improve joint function and range of motion
• Increase joint stability
• Improve weight bearing
• Reduce the progression of osteoarthritis
• Reduce the need for pain medication
• Reduce pain and swelling
• Improve muscle and cardio respiratory endurance
• Nutraceuticals and Supplements
When is Rehabilitation therapy effective?
• Post-surgical recovery from neurological conditions
• Post-surgical recover for orthopedic conditions
• Recovery from acute joint or soft tissue injuries
• General fitness and weight loss
• Building muscle strength
• Ongoing care of Osteoarthritis and other chronic degenerative diseases
• Offers alternative diagnostic abilities for challenging diagnosis