Deep Tissue Laser Therapy accelerates your pet’s natural healing process through photo-bio-stimulation. It is a non-invasive and pain-free technology that helps reduce pain and inflammation, speed the healing of tissues and treat diseases like osteoarthritis, acute injury and more. Depending on the cause and pain management requirement, vets can recommend laser therapy as part of your pet’s recovery process. To know more about our laser therapy services, call us at 778-432-4322.
When is laser therapy beneficial?
Laser therapy can be beneficial in many ways. It can be used as:
- An adjunct to prescription drugs for chronic pain
- A pre-surgery treatment
- Post-surgery treatment to accelerate healing
- A long-term pain management system
- Acute injury treatment
- Treatment of musculoskeletal conditions (sprains, strains, tendonitis, etc.)
- Treatment of skin conditions, skin lesions and accelerated wound healing
- Easing the pain of arthritis and preventing further damage
Are there side effects to laser therapy for my pet?
Laser therapy is a safe and non-invasive treatment option widely practised in pain management treatments for pets and humans for many years now. Patients typically do not experience any negative side effects during or after treatment. In fact, it is very relaxing and many patients fall asleep during their therapy.
How frequently should my pet get laser therapy?
Your veterinarian will help you determine the frequency of therapy sessions based on your pet’s diagnosis, the severity of your pet’s injury and/or pain level. The sessions at the beginning of the therapy program will be high and then begin to taper as signs of improvement become visible.