WAVES’ Critical Care service is open with a limited capacity and by direct referral only.
When would my pet need critical care?
The sickest patients are often placed in critical care as they require undivided and continuous monitoring. Pets are often placed in critical care post-surgery as well to stabilize their health. Pets suffering from acute illnesses and conditions like heart and respiratory diseases are also admitted to critical care.
What kind of emergencies does the critical care unit handle?
Pets experiencing any of these conditions and more can be admitted to critical care:
- Trauma patients with large wounds, chest injuries or fractures
- Pets having a seizure or paralysis
- Pets with difficulties breathing or with cardiac emergencies
- Pets requiring blood transfusions
- Those unable to eat and require feeding tubes or intravenous nutrition
How should I reach the critical care services at WAVES?
The best way to reach out to our critical care unit is to call us at 778-432-4322 and our staff would be happy to help you with any information that you require.