Dr. Sue Smith
Suzanne Smith was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta. After completing her pre-veterinary studies at Mount Royal University with honors, she traveled to Saskatchewan to obtain her Veterinary Degree from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in 2005. She has spent the past 13 years building her skills in emergency medicine and has developed a passion and proficiency for emergency surgery. She continues to expand on her knowledge and recently pursued her interest in rehabilitation. While working with leaders in the canine rehabilitation field, she received additional certification as a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner from the University of Tennessee.
Dr. Smith is a founding member of WAVES and is part of the team in the emergency department at WAVES and their on-call emergency surgeon.
In her spare time, Suzanne remains active with rock climbing, surfing, travelling and most recently she has competed in a few triathalons. You can find her biking, running trails around Elk Lake, swimming in Thetis Lake and hiking up local mountains with her dog Tashi.
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP) Fast track course (Fall 2014)
- Externship with Renata Diniz, Palma de Mallorca, Spain (Fall 2014)
- 3 day practicum at The Canine Fitness Centre in Calgary, Alberta (Winter 2014)
- Externship lead by Dr. Millis & Dr. Drum, University of Tennessee (winter 2017)
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP) certification exam completed and designation granted (Winter 2017)
- Veterinary Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Group (VOSM), 3-day Intensive Rehabilitation (Regenerative medicine, Needle Arthroscopy & Diagnostic ultrasound) Course, Western Veterinary Conference (WVC), (Spring 2017)
- Companion Academy- Advanced Needle Scope Micro-Invasive Technology Laboratory at Veterinary Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Group (VOSM) ( October 2019)
- Companion Academy- Regenerative Medicine and Intraarticular Injections Techniques at Veterinary Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Group (VOSM) ( October 2019)