ANIMAL CARE ATTENDANT
West Coast Animal Veterinary Emergency Specialy Hospital (WAVES) is a brand new independent emergency and multi-specialty hospital in Victoria BC open since April 2019. We are currently recruiting experienced Animal Care Attendants. WAVES is located in the heart of the West Shore, approximately 20 minutes from downtown Victoria. If you love the outdoors, and are looking for year-round recreation opportunities with a flexible schedule, then this is the place for you!
WAVES offers 24/7 Emergency services along side boarded specialists in critical care, surgery, internal medicine, interventional radiology/endoscopy and offer certified rehabilitation services. The beautiful new 9,700 sq foot hospital features an in-house lab, dedicated ICU, digital radiology, ultrasound, in-house CT, endoscopy, fluoroscopy, underwater treadmill, and 3 fully equipped surgical suites. We will be equipped to handle high acuity cases from all over Vancouver Island. Our mission at WAVES is to provide exceptional specialty veterinary care. We strive to provide pet owners and primary veterinarians access to cutting-edge medicine with dedicated doctors and support staff in a warm, family environment.
We are seeking individuals who are interested in helping create a locally owned and run veterinary hospital that will provide both exceptional care and a fun, warm family work environment that serves our community.
– Owned by hands-on veterinarians
– Flexible schedules
– Medical insurance benefits for full-time employees
– Fun events
– Competitive salary and benefits
– Cutting-edge medical equipment and technology
– State-of-the-art facilities
– Continuing education opportunities
– In-hospital communication and leadership training
WAVES Veterinary Hospital is looking for organized, outgoing, and caring ACA’s to join our team. These Client Care Representatives are the face of WAVES; a ACA is responsible for helping our RVTs (Registered Veterinary) and our doctors care for our patients and our clients.
• To support our veterinarian, veterinary technicians and client care representatives to provide quality care for our patients and their families.
• All interested applicants should show a commitment to quality in all of that they do, conduct themselves with the utmost integrity, have compassion for animals and humans alike, and be able to provide the best service possible for our clients and patients.
• These attributes ensure the candidate will be an efficient, effective, professional, and positive team member.
• Care for every patient as if they are your own pet and each client as if they are your family member.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as mental reasoning and mathematics skills.
• Willingness to learn, be guided, and pursue continuing education opportunities.
• Ability to be confident around animals, showing proper safety and restraint techniques (i.e. dogs, cats, avian, exotics).
• Understand that patient needs and work volume may at times require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position will require working days, evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays.
• Possess sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in the hospital including the ability to manipulate (lift, carry, move) 50 lbs. or more; walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch intermittently, and stand for long periods of time.
An ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, an energetic attitude, empathy, and enthusiasm for helping both clients and patients. They will be committed to providing the most compassionate care to our clients. Additionally, they will excel at collaborating with their co-workers, our referring veterinarians, and our clients.
Our medical departments will be well-staffed and equipped to handle a busy and varied caseload. We encourage growth, innovation, and additional training. Each specialist is given a full support team including a dedicated technical assistant and ample technicians to ensure the success of their practice.
We are always willing to expand in different directions and explore new therapies.
Please email your CV and with a brief introduction that helps us get a sense of why you want to work with WAVES, how you think, and what you care about.